Clergy of the Parish
Our parish is served by the Rosminians (officially known as the Institute of Charity). The order was founded by an Italian priest, Antonio Rosmini in 1828. Only seven years later he sent one of his earliest followers with two companions to England at the request of Bishop Baines, Vicar of the Western District. In 1847 the order was asked to take charge of Newport, and in 1854 it also took charge of Cardiff. At the present time the Institute of Charity cares for three parishes in Cardiff - Saint Peter’s, Saint Alban’s and Saint Joseph’s. St Joseph’s was founded on the 1st of June 1913.
Fr. Justus Okibo IC
Fr. Justus’s contact details are listed on the Contact Page.
Deacon Mark Howe
Mark was ordained as a permanent deacon in June 2009. He works as a computer programmer (website stuff mainly) when not looking after his children.
Originally from Burton-on-Trent in Staffordshire, Mark came to
Cardiff to study electronics at the University. He has been in the parish since 1997.
Mark’s contact details are listed on the Contact Page (under Webmaster).
Brother Brian Butler IC
Brother Brian, who was born in Coventry, entered the Rosminian Novitiate in September 1992. He joined the community at St Joseph’s in January 1998, at which point he also joined the Chaplaincy Department at the University Hospital of Wales. He retired from his Chaplaincy post in 2018.
There are contact details for Br. Brian on the Contact Page.
You can find out more about the Rosminian Order (Institute of Charity) from their own website: www.rosmini.org
<<< Saint Joseph’s Parish, Cardiff <<<