7th Week of Easter, Year C
Almighty God, make us rejoice with devout thanksgiving, for the Ascension of Christ your Son is our exaltation.
Quote of the Week
“Lead a life worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love.”
Ephesians chapter 4, Verses 1-2 (NRSV)
Livestream Masses at Saint Joseph’s
Masses & Services this Week [Sundays: Yr C, Weekdays: Yr 2]
Please be aware of the following when coming to church:
- face covering preferred
- sanitise hands upon entry
- if you are vulnerable, you may prefer to attend a weekday Mass as these Masses are usually quieter
- Saturday 28th of May: 9.15am
Vigil Mass 6.00pm
- 7th Sunday of Easter 29th of May:
9.15am & 11.00am
- Monday 30th of May: 9.15am
- Tuesday 31st of May: 9.15am
- Wednesday 1st of June: 7.00pm
with Adoration & Rosary from 6.15pm
- Thursday 2nd of June: 9.15am
- Friday 3rd of June: 9.15am
- Saturday 4th of June: 9.15am
Vigil Mass 6.00pm
- Pentecost 5th of June:
9.15am & 11.00am
Please remember that we are asked to wear face masks at public Masses.
Parish Synod Report
The weeks of meeting and listening to one another has already borne much fruit.
You can read the final report on what was discussed here: Synod Report (PDF)
Some Useful Catholic Links
Find Us on Facebook
This is a very good time to join the parish Facebook group (if you haven’t already). During this time it provides us with a place to keep in touch.
Simply click on the following link and request to join the group.
Support Our Parish
If you would like to donate to the work and the upkeep of our parish, you can do so via our InvestMyCommunity page. It easily allows for Gift Aid (if you are a tax payer), and anything you are able to contribute will help our parish community to flourish.Simply click on the following link or use the QR Code with your smartphone:
Donate to our Parish (via InvestMyCommunity)
Pope Francis’ Prayer Intention for May 2022
For faith-filled young people We pray for all young people, called to live life to the fullest; may they see in Mary’s life the way to listen, the depth of discernment, the courage that faith generates, and the dedication to service.
Our weekly Bible Study will obviously NOT take place at the present time. Even so, the Bible remains a treasure that can give us what we need. The readings for Pentecost Sunday are:
- Acts ch 2 vs 1-11
- Psalm 103 (104 in most Bibles)
- Galatians ch 5 vs 16-25
- John 15:26-27 & 16:12-15
These readings can be most easily found in an ordinary Sunday Missal.
saint joseph’s catholic church
If you’re a first time visitor, welcome to our website. If you’re a regular, welcome back. For a general overview of the site, or for help to find what you’re looking for more quickly, use the menu below.
- art - christian art by the masters, plus a short reflection.
- books - book recommendations covering serveral categories.
- poetry - original poetry, mostly by people in the parish.
- photos - original photography, mostly in and around cardiff.
- stories - original prose/fiction by people in the parish.
- q & a - why fast? what does ‘magnum pietatis opus’ mean? etc.
- services - times of masses and confessions in the parish.
- joseph - a short article about our patron, saint joseph.
- sisters - a little bit about the Sisters of st. joseph of annecy.
- clergy - a little bit about the clergy in our parish.
- chaplaincy - information about hospital chaplaincy services.
- contact - a few ways to contact us.